A child that does not sleep through the night needs to be trained by the parents how to sleep. When a child awakes frequently during the night it disrupts the mother or father first and depending on how fast the baby is put back to sleep it can extend to the entire household. It doesn’t matter if you have a little infant, a toddler, or an older child; frequent sleep interruptions are unhealthy. Intervention is necessary to avoid a breakdown. Get help on
How To Get Your Child To Sleep
The following are a few tips that can help you understand how to get your child to sleep:
- A bedtime routine helps your child gear down for the evening.
- You might try a warm bath followed by a bedtime story or a night-time meditation that you read to your child to help him relax and get ready for sleep.
- Decrease the amount of fluid consumed two hours before bedtime to eliminate potty-breaks during the night.
- By providing a nurturing massage you will ease sore muscles and encourage relaxation. You can use any natural oil for your massage. If you have it at home, you might try grape seed oil or olive oil. Both of which are safe to be ingested if your little guy touches his mouth.
- Avoid caffeine and sugar at least five hours before bed as well.
- Encourage your child to choose a stuffed animal or blanket to take to bed every evening for comfort.
- Play soothing music, watch a few minutes of non-stimulating television in the evening, or read a book at bedtime.
- Draw the shades and use a white noise machine or a rhythmic nature sounds tape. Turn on nightlights while your child is still awake.
- For years parents have tried a cup of warmed milk to soothe their child at bedtime, but many have found that a cup of sweetened chamomile tea can be much more effective and really do the trick
It is important for your child to learn to fall asleep on his own. This will help in the short and long term because your child needs to know how to fall asleep on his own. If you try some of these tips other than by nursing him, rocking him or singing to him, you may learn how to get your child to sleep.